Friday, August 10, 2012

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Hardcover487 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by Harper Collins



Summary:
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


Rating and Review: 4
For the longest time I put off reading this book because honestly I didn't know much about it and didn't know if I would like and want to read it. I definitely made a mistake doing this. I'm not really sure exactly what it is about this book but I loved it. Tris and Four are amazing characters with so much depth and wonder to them and the world they live in is such a wonder in itself. An amazing one at that that is still in my head almost a month and a half after reading it. I am definitely going to have to finish this series and see where it goes because this one left my begging for it not to end. I wanted to know were they go next and what soo many things meant. Insurgent is definitely high on my to-read list because this is such an interesting world and I'm ready to be back in it and unravel more of the story.


No comments: